San Antonio Stone Countertops
If you’re planning to have San Antonio stone countertops installed in your home, congratulations. You’re making an outstanding choice. They look fantastic, and they’ll last for a long, long time – as long as you follow some very easy maintenance tips. The experts with Granite Brothers will ensure that your stone countertops in San Antonio TX are installed correctly. But we’ll also make sure you know exactly how to take care of them so they keep looking their best. Here are a couple of tips to help you do just that.
Don’t Use Abrasive Cleaning Products
Even though San Antonio stone countertops are extremely tough, they can get scratched if you use the wrong cleaning products. Harsh, abrasive chemicals and scouring pads can cause scratches. All you’ll need is some dish soap and a soft towel with some warm water. Even if your stone countertops in San Antonio TX should ever be stained, you can use a gentle poultice. Granite Brothers can tell you how to find one.
You can make your own poultice at home if you like. Here’s how.
- Mix some hydrogen peroxide with some flour until a paste forms.
- Spread that on the stain and then sprinkle on some baking soda.
- Put a piece of plastic wrap on the paste, and use masking tape to keep the wrap in place.
- Leave the wrap on overnight and then wipe up the paste.
- If the stain is still on your stone countertops in San Antonio TX, repeat the process.
- If you still can’t get rid of it, contact Granite Brothers.
Don’t Forget to Reseal Your Countertops
Since natural stone is porous, it needs to be sealed so it doesn’t absorb liquids. You’ll also need to have them resealed every 6-12 months, depending on the type of stone you have, and the type of sealer being used. This is another area where Granite Brothers can help.
If you have any questions at all about how to take care of your new stone countertops in San Antonio TX, contact Granite Brothers online or call 210-551-1119.